Test


Name: WingRiddenDarkness  Date: 19.10.2018 a.k.a. today Intermediate Language
 1 Underline the correct word or phrase in each sentence.
0 What time go you/do you go to bed on Saturdays?
 1 I want a new computer, but I didn’t save/I haven’t saved enough money yet.
 2 Don’t worry, I’m not going to be/I won’t be late.
3 It’s very hot in here. Shall I/Will I open the window?
4 How long have you been waiting/are you waiting?
5 When I was younger I was going/I used to go to the seaside every summer.
 6 I’ve lived/I lived in Barcelona all my life.

7 While I was cleaning/I had cleaned my room I found this old photograph.
8 You look sad. What are you thinking/do you think about?
 9 I go/I’m going to my parents’ house next weekend. Do you want to come?
10 I’ve been looking for my bag, but I still didn’t find/I still haven’t found it.
 11 I like your new room! When have you painted/did you paint it?
12 Where will you be working/do you work next year?
13 I know the play is boring, but we can’t leave until it will finish/it finishes.
 14 I’m seeing/I will see the doctor tomorrow at 10.00.
15 Where are you go/are you going on holiday?
 2 Put each verb given into the present simple or continuous, or the past simple or continuous.
0 Ugh, don’t show me that picture! I (hate) hate mice!
1 Where (you go) did you go for your holidays last year?
 2 At the moment Helen (read) is reading a book written by a Brazilian author.
3 I left school around 5.00, (play)played football for a while, then went home.
4 Mary (listen) was listening to the radio when her friend Barbara called.
5 Mary (turn off)turned off the radio when her friend Barbara called.
 6 In her free time Helen (read) reads a lot.
7 ‘Where (you spend) are you going to spend your holidays next year?’ ‘In France.’
8 ‘What (you do) did you do when the rain started?’ ‘We went inside.’
9 When they arrived in the park a lot of people (play) were playing football.
0 People (become)   are becoming  more and more interested in solar energy.
11 ‘Where (you spend) do you spend your holidays?’ ‘Usually in France.’
 12 She (become) became rich in the fashion industry and retired to Majorca.
13 ‘What (you do) were you doing when the rain started?’ ‘We were playing tennis.’
14 At the moment I  am staying at a friend’s house.

3 Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence. 0 Steve left before my arrival. When I arrived, Steve had already left .
1 This is my first visit to Italy. I’ve never been to Italy before.
2 Your taxi arrived a moment ago. Your taxi has just arrived a moment ago.
3 The film started before my arrival. When I arrived, the film had already started .
4 Would you like me to call back later? Shall I call back later?.
5 Simone has been learning English for two years. Simone started learning English two years ago .
6 I last went to Spain in 1998. I haven’t been to Spain since 1998 .
7 After the exam we’ll go for a pizza. When the exam ends, we’ll go for a pizaa..
8 I intend to speak to my boss tomorrow. I’m am going to speak to my boss tomorrow.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения